September 8, 2014

Scarecrows, circles, name game

Can't feel like fall weather outside without these cute scarecrows I purchased on TPT

We went on a circle hunt! 

Here was our 3 circles we choose to put into order from smallest to biggest

Talked about our morning routines and what we do before coming to daycare



It was suggested for the Fireflies curriculum to play a movers and shakers name hunt. We did it a little bit differently as a memory game instead, but they sure had a blast making their own name cards and the excitement on their face when they found a pair was so cute to see... I loved it! Next week, we will play again probably both ways.







Overall, our first week back has been great, still working out getting into our routine and trying to find the time to accomplish all that I would like to get done with still having the much needed outside time before we start to get cold weather!  Fireflies-  I really like all the suggested activities for different categories such as daily basics, discuss/do, songs and rhymes, movers and shakers, creative arts, math, social/emotional, dramatic play, etc... Some of the ideas work for my setting and some don't. I also have to remember that my kiddos are age 3 and under, so I think this would work awesome for a preschool teacher with a whole class of a certain age, but I've been making it work for my group! The only thing so far that I'm not impressed with is the art projects... they are a little cheesy for my liking so we have been skipping them and doing more of "Nicci's style" projects!

One more week of Back to School and then on to Apples Everywhere the following week!

No comments:

Post a Comment