We were excited for the "new" year to start! New calendar, new charts for the weather, number/color/shape and I'm not going to lie... I love the farm theme Funshine choose this year since my daycare is on a farm:)
Here's a peak:
weather chart with the season
something new since I've last purchased is the character posters, each month we receive two posters to focus on positive traits. We've been "smart" this week!
a space for the color and shape, although this tractor being red has brought quite the discussion with the littles that it's not green!
number
I choose not to use their traditional calendar, instead I love the number line way better. I think kids understand it easier and it makes it easier to count down to special/fun days. The month is at the beginning and next month's calendar title is at the end of the number line. So they realize that we have to go all these spots until we get to October and then we have to start all over again!
Here's our little reading area/morning meeting area with the music/listening center/flannel board/books
| Can't have a Off to School theme without the bus tent! |
| School books fill the bookshelf |
You can't talk about red without finger painting with red paint!
For snack, we made these cute little school buses from cheese its, mini oreos, graham crackers and yellow frosting.
Number 1!
Number 1 page in our journals, we glued a popcorn kernel to the dot for number 1
No comments:
Post a Comment